Saturday, October 27, 2012

C4T #2

I was assigned to leave a comment on Mr. Jarred Kruse's blog post. His blog post consisted of a picture of the back cover of a book by Kevin Kelly entitled "What Technology Wants". These are his two thoughts about the book based on the back cover "1) To think evolution has an inevitable nature is a gross misunderstanding of evolution. Given the flaw in what seems to be the basis of his argument, 2) he is going to have a hard time supporting even a neo-determinism. Given the large scale dismissal of simple determinism, he already has an uphill battle without faulty premises." This post can be read here. This is the comment I left:

Hello Mr. Kruse,
My name is Kayla Johnson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I decided to comment on this blog post because we have been blogging about technology in the classroom. No, I have not read the book, “What Technology Wants”, but have seen many videos and read many blog post (for my EDM 310 class) that deals with supporting technology in the classroom. I am one that agrees in technology being included in the classrooms in the decades to come. How do you feel on the subject?

My second comment was also addressed to Mr Kruse. This post was titled "Flipped Class – a student perspective". The post consisted of the thoughts of one of Mr. Kruse's former middle school students about the flipped classroom. This blog post can be read here. My comment was:

Hi Jerrid,
Again my name is Kayla Johnson. I attend the University of South Alabama, where I am in EDM 310, a classroom focused on teaching and familiarizing future teachers about the technologies of the 21st century. We recently had to watch a video on YouTube about the flipped classroom, and it doesn’t really match what your student was describing. The video on YouTube did mention that students did watch videos. In my opinion, it may be difficult for some students to comprehend videos, like your student said or the students may not have any form of technology in their home to watch videos. I think that there are many versions of the flipped classrooms and various opinion to go along with each one.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment