Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Project #3 C4T

Instructions on using Creative Commons Images in Blog Posts
In this blog post Kathleen Morris explains why you cannot use any image from the internet in your blog posts. She goes on to explain that when just any image is used from the internet that the blogger is becoming open to copyright infringement. Copyright infringement is "a violation on rights secured by a copyright". You can get in big trouble for copyrighting. On her blog post she suggest Creative Commons which is an "organization that gives out licenses for people to share their work". When using a Creative Common license you have to still make sure you acknowledge where it came from by adding a caption under the picture. Kathleen Morris goes on to explain how to use a Creative Commons license and to show step by step how to get that image on a blog post. My comment was basically just thanking her for explaining the dangers of copyrighting. I also thanked her for showing in detail how to obtain a Creative Commons license and how to exactly to get the image on a blog post.

Tips and Topics for Student Bloggers
This blog post was just tips on what and what not to do on your blog post. The tips were very helpful and I advice everyone to go look at them. My favorite tip was to never give up on blogging. As I said in my comment I am going to try to continue blogging even after EDM 310. In my opinion, blogging can somewhat serve as a stress reliever. She also listed topic ideas, just in case a blogger cannot think of anything to blog about or may be feeling uninspired. In my comment I once again thanked her for her really good tips and topics. I also thanked her on the advice and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment