Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

About Kayla Johnson

My name is Kayla Johnson. I am 21 years old, majoring in Elementary Education. I was born here in Mobile, but I reside in Chatom, Al. I am a 2009 graduate from Washington County High School. After graduating from high school, I attended a community college by the name of Jones County Junior College. When my freshman year was over, I found out that I was expecting a baby boy! My baby's name is Zackary. When he was born I decided to sit out a semester of school in the spring of 2012. As the fall 2012 semester came around, Auburn University in Montgomery (AUM) was the school of my choice. As that year came to an end, I then again decided to transfer to USA so that I could be closer to home and my baby.

Upon transferring to USA, I changed my major from Speech and Language Pathology to Ele. Ed. I decided to enter the field of education because I love children and I love the feeling of a classroom setting. My mom taught 2nd grade and I personally see myself teaching the same grade as she did. Being around small children is definitely one of my passions.

Things that I enjoy doing also include shopping, spending time with my son, watching the Food Network, cooking, and doing makeup. I am very passionate about learning new things especially things that have to do with cooking. Although I might not be so good at cooking it is one of the things I enjoy doing and enjoy watching others do.

Wordle: Untitled

Randy Pausch on time management

This is the first time I have heard or seen anything on Dr. Pausch. I really enjoyed the video. Dr. Pausch gave great advice in things to ask yourself when you are dealing with procrastination. I will definitely use the question "What will happen if I don't do this task?" the most, as well as the rest of the questions he provided. I could really do better in the area of planning. I seem to always start my semesters off keeping things planned and I never stick it out. This video has encouraged me to change that and to be organized throughout this entire semester. I hope to start each day off by asking myself "What do I need to get done today?" and to fulfill each task.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you had good summaries on yourself and on Time Management. There may have been a few grammar mistakes. Also you said that you didn't know of Dr. Pausch but didn't elaborate on any other of his videos or materials. I think starting off the semester being organized certainly helps.

    ReplyDelete